1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice needed please

Discussion in 'Coming out' started by Goldenprincess, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Goldenprincess

Goldenprincess Active Member

Ok after almost 3.5years after accepting my sexuality I am finally coming out to my mum tomorrow, so much anxiety has been built up, the feeling that I am letting her down has come back. I know I need to be more open with her to move on and realise my dreams. So does anyone have any pearls of wisdom to help me get through this chat.

Thank you
    twoleggedfrog likes this.
  2. triton201

triton201 Digivolve into Ultimate!!

Good luck with it!

I couldn't lay it all out there for mine out loud at all...had it all written down. Not talked about it since either really...my choice rather than theirs.
  3. Doozer

Doozer Well-Known Member

As a mother, her first reaction may be of worry, that you might face difficulties etc.
    Let her know that you are happy with who you are, and you have support from people.

Appear positive (even if you're terrified LOL) and reassure her that this isn't a bad thing.
    Accept any reaction she has, even if it's not what you hoped for... it could be time for you to play mother :)

When I told my mum (all those years back!), she said 'oh I know that, I just hope you're ok'.

Be strong, and best of luck :love:
    admin likes this.
  4. Pepper

Pepper New Member

I came out very late. My mother was/is senile at the time so there was no point telling her. I would say look at it in a positive way. She is still around to be able to tell her.
    All the best.
  5. therealC

therealC Well-Known Member

I didn't really have any advise as everyone is different but i hope that everything went ok, sending some good ginger thoughts your way :)
    admin likes this.