1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Live at the Marquee 2011

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by DGM, Nov 26, 2010.

1. DGM

DGM Whatev's

From Hotpress.com

Elton John, Christy Moore and Bell X1 will be just some of the acts heading for Cork

The line-up for Live At The Marquee 2011 has just been announced and there are some big names from Ireland and further afield on their way to Cork next summer. The line-up so far includes the legendary Christy Moore, Kildare's finest Bell X1 and rising star Imelda May. Add music icon Elton John, pop sensation Alexandra Burke (with more to be announced) and you have an incredible week of music. This will be Christy Moore's 7th time playing The Marquee, and Bell X1's 3rd, having sold out shows in 2007 and 2009.

It will be the 7th year of Live At The Marquee, which has played host to an array of incredible acts over the years, including the likes of Brian wilson, Neil Young and Lady Gaga.

Tickets go on sale next week, and are sure to go fast.

Imelda May - June 23 (On sale Friday December 3 at €30, €35)

Alexandra Burke - June 24 (On sale Thursday December 2 priced €30, €39.20)

Christy Moore - June 25 (On sale Thursday December 2 priced €35, 40, 45)

Elton John - June 28 (On sale Friday December 3 priced €69.50,* 85,* 95)

Bell X1 - July 1 (On sale Friday December 3 priced €33.609
  2. Invincible

Invincible You're so gay!

I wouldn't mind going to see Alexandra Burke. I love her stuff. It'll be gay central!! And the ticket price isn't too bad.

Elton John would be cool too but i can't see myself parting with upwards of €70-€80 plus.
  3. jimjam

jimjam Geronimo!

Will definitely be going to Bell x1. I've seen them in both 2007 and 2009 and they've been great each time. I'd like to go to Elton but like Invincible I don't see myself parting with upwards of €80 for a ticket.
  4. mack

mack Well-Known Member

I'd love to see Alexandra Burke too. I'd say it would be more knacker teenage girl central than gay central, or a happy medium of both:p
    Also wouldn't mind seeing Christy Moore but I feel he needs a more intimate venue than the marquee.
  5. irlmbi

irlmbi Well-Known Member

i love them too - often have them on in the car but saw them in 2009 and was very disappointed with them.... it was a friday night and they started with a really slow sets! was a disaster..... wud'nt see them live again.
  6. jellybaby

jellybaby Well-Known Member

Seeing Elton is going to be the realisation of a life long dream for me. I know its expensive but he has been chargin a lot more for tickets lately. I priced him for limerick last year and he was 130 a ticket! And the Marquee is a more intimate venue!

Saw Alexandra Burke at Milk and she was good!
    Achilles and seanisbored like this.
  7. jimjam

jimjam Geronimo!

They're a great band! 2009 was their tour to support Blue Lights On The Runway. That album is much slower compared to Flock and Music In Mouth. They had to start with the new slower songs. Give them another chance :D
    irlmbi likes this.
  8. Bootyzilla

Bootyzilla Myra Hitler

You're a witch! I'm there!
    admin likes this.
  9. PhonyMcRingRing

PhonyMcRingRing Model, Sex God, genius and compulsive liar

Meh. No-one fantastic so far.
    Imelda May is the only one I'd like, but I don't know if I like her enough to go see her live.

Doesn't Christy Moore play there every year? You'd think people would have gotten bored of him by now.
  10. DGM

DGM Whatev's

Update

• Byran Adams - June 22 (On sale Thursday December 2 from €60)
    • Imelda May - June 23 (On sale Friday December 3 at €30, €35)
    • Alexandra Burke - June 24 (On sale Thursday December 2 priced €30, €39.20)
    • Christy Moore - June 25 (On sale Thursday December 2 priced €35, €40, €45)
    • Elton John - June 28 (On sale Friday December 3 priced €69.50, €85, €95)
    • Bell X1 - July 1 (On sale Friday December 3 priced €33.60)
    admin and irlmbi like this.
  11. irlmbi

irlmbi Well-Known Member

I might go see Imelda May.... i kinda likes her and also may try Bell x1 again (JimJams encouragement!).
  12. jimjam

jimjam Geronimo!

Glad I could be of some use :D
    irlmbi and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Bootyzilla

Bootyzilla Myra Hitler

I got my Alexandra Burke tickets!! Woooo hoooo!

Bitch better fuckin' sing Listen.
  14. falcon

falcon The Lord Regent

id almost go to see her...

just to see if her nose really does change size when she sings all night long ..

watch the first 7 seconds
  15. crazymonkey

crazymonkey Prodigal son returns...

16. DGM

DGM Whatev's

From Hotpress
    jimjam likes this.
  17. jimjam

jimjam Geronimo!

I like The Frames. Might go to this myself.
  18. Invincible

Invincible You're so gay!

I saw them in London a few years ago (i was working there at the time). I wouldn't be bothered with them again to be honest!
  19. DGM

DGM Whatev's

Live, they are not too bad. On record can't seem to get into them.
    The Marquee line up is looking much the same as other years, meh.
  20. jellybaby

jellybaby Well-Known Member

I'm so incredibly excited about seeing Elton John in the marquee. I was pretty much raised on his music (along with the Bee Gees) as those were favourites of my Dad so can't wait to finally experience him live!