1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Disney Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Deano, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Deano

Deano Blond Underneath

I was kinda shocked to relaise there wasnt a Disney Thread on here already (seeing as many Gc'rs have mega fans already), so I decided to start one up :D

Anything related to Disney, be it films, books, stores, theme parks etc can go here! :)

[​IMG]

So......

Winnie the Pooh returns to animate cinemas

[​IMG]

I never realized Winnie The Pooh was around for 35 years!!! :O :O :O

I always thought it came around in the late/Mid 90s! Couldn't believe that! Dont care for the show myself because I never saw it growing up, still though it's a nice return from Disney :D
    Raven221984 likes this.
  2. JoannaRyde

JoannaRyde How's your langer?

Its only the 2nd official sequel! The first was Rescuers Down Under.

I love this thread Deano!!! Just back from Disneyland a few weeks! Thinking of Japan and Hong Kong for next year and that'll be all of them!
    1 person likes this.
  3. Deano

Deano Blond Underneath

This is pretty cool o_O

[​IMG]

Rapunzel is now an offical Princess and the first ever Pixar/Dinsey Princess may join them in 2012!! Not really a fan of a CGI Princess (Rapunzel) but the new Pixar one looks very good!!! Its very dark! Kinda like sleeping beauty or the black cauldron...

[​IMG]

Brave is set in the mystical Scottish Highlands, where Merida is the princess of a kingdom ruled by King Fergus (Billy Connolly) and Queen Elinor (Emma Thompson). An unruly daughter and an accomplished archer, Merida one day defies a sacred custom of the land and inadvertently brings turmoil to the kingdom. In an attempt to set things right, Merida seeks out an eccentric old Wise Woman (Julie Walters) and is granted an ill-fated wish. Also figuring into Merida’s quest — and serving as comic relief — are the kingdom’s three lords: the enormous Lord MacGuffin (Kevin McKidd), the surly Lord Macintosh (Craig Ferguson), and the disagreeable Lord Dingwall (Robbie Coltrane).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:)
    1 person likes this.
  4. seanisbored

seanisbored Gay Shark-Dolphin

I love the original Winnie-the-Pooh and watched it constantly as a kid. But in typical Disney fashion they watered down the brand with mindless straight-to-DVD sequels and crappy TV shows, hopefully this movie will be more true to the original vision and the books.
    1 person likes this.
  5. louislestat

louislestat Queen Bee

This picture seems very familiar to meo_O for the life of me I can't figure out why???:p
    seanisbored and jimjam like this.
  6. Deano

Deano Blond Underneath

Oh didnt even realise you had that one!!! :D:D

Thought you had the one before Rapunzel! :D
    louislestat likes this.
  7. louislestat

louislestat Queen Bee

I used to but I changed it when the movie came out and she was added to the roster;)
  8. triton201

triton201 Digivolve into Ultimate!!

What is going on with the pictures??
    Deano's one had Giselle in it earlier, and now (poof) she's gone!

.....(mutter mutter)...damned internet...(mutter mutter)...
  9. Deano

Deano Blond Underneath

I found a better one lol :) without giselle (even though i wish she was a princess)
  10. louislestat

louislestat Queen Bee

They can't make her one as they would have to pay Amy Adams
    seanisbored likes this.
  11. Deano

Deano Blond Underneath

I know, I was gutted :(

Brought back Falcon a couple Disney Dvds from town yesterday and watched The Hunchback of Notre Damn last night....Its now one of my favourite Disney Cartoons, and I'm not a huge Disney fan (prefer Pixar) but I Loved this......especially this song!! :D LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

louislestat likes this.
  12. louislestat

louislestat Queen Bee

Wash out your mouth with soap and water:eek::eek: I don't have one pixar movie. I'm more of a Fairy Tale man:cry:

Love Hunchback, makes me cry like a baby.
  13. Deano

Deano Blond Underneath

What about Wall.e??? Finding Nemo? Monsters Inc? :O They're great! :D

And Toy Story! Thought I was gonna break down in the cinema when I saw the third one :(:D:D
    seanisbored likes this.
  14. louislestat

louislestat Queen Bee

No no no and I've only seen the first Toy Story

I never got into them really. Don't have any of those
    1 person likes this.
  15. jimjam

jimjam Geronimo!

As much as I love the Pixar movies, I prefer the old Disney animations. There's just something more magical to them.

One of my favourite scenes and songs from Beauty and the Beast.

falcon and louislestat like this.
  16. Deano

Deano Blond Underneath

That's my favorite movie from classic Disney :D
  17. jimjam

jimjam Geronimo!

I did:(The ending was so lovely and sad at the same time. Bawled my eyes out. I wasn't the only one though.
    seanisbored likes this.
  18. louislestat

louislestat Queen Bee

19. ColleenDawnagh

ColleenDawnagh Resident Foodie

I adore Disney. I'm with Louis in the classic animation camp. Those were pure magic but I did bawl at Toy Story 3.

For anyone who hasn't been to the theme parks, it is simply a must!! The parks are amazing. They are at a far higher level than other parks. The attractions are not just rollercoasters or carousels. Every ride has a story attached. One of my favourites is the Haunted Mansion or in Paris Phantom Manor. The top prize in my opinion goes to the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. Simply oustanding!
    1 person likes this.
  20. Deano

Deano Blond Underneath

Rachel Weisz In Talks For Disney’s ‘Oz: The Great And Powerful’

:) Cant wait!