The Other Place Book Club is a book club that should appeal to all LGBT readers. The book selection will range from a wide selection of genres both contemporary and classic. Every second month will have a LGBT themed book, followed by a standard book.
The following is the usual procedure that will occur at a club meeting:
- Each person will have a 5 minute floor to talk about his/her feeling on the book. Quotations of favourite pieces can be made.
- After everyone has said their piece, the discussion is open to the floor on general commentary on the book.
- The chair of the club will endeavour to let everyone have an equal part in this discussion.
- The meeting finishes by choosing the next month’s book and confirming the date.
The first meeting will be on Tuesday 27th March , and every month thereafter
The three books for the next 3 months are
- March 27th – The Swimming-Pool Library is a 1988 novel by Alan Hollinghurst
- April 24th – Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
- May 29th – City and the Pillar by Gore Vidal
for more info contact. firstname.lastname@example.org